<sub id="ZbH"></sub>

<sub id="ZbH"></sub>
<thead id="ZbH"></thead><blockquote id="ZbH"></blockquote>

    Announcement

    We look forward to having in-person visits once again. The volunteers and staff are working toward enhancing the displays and coming up with ways to keep everyone safe once the museum opens. Please check back with us through our website and social media channels, as we will make an announcement once it is safe to reopen.    Past Announcements


    Welcome to the St. Vital Museum

    The former St. Vital police station, located within the fire station at 600 St. Mary's Road, is now the current home of the St. Vital Museum. It is a two-storey brick structure with stone facing on the main level. Erected in 1914, the station housed both the St. Vital Police and Fire Departments, the latter of which first began operating with three horse-drawn carriages and six firemen. At the rear were stables for horses which drew the wagons and sleighs up until the 1930's at which point pumper trucks were used. The first fire truck appeared in 1923 with the purchase of an REO Speedwagon. The second floor of the building also originally provided living quarters for the firemen.

    The fire station closed in 1972 and the police station closed in 1974. In 1974, the station was retired when St. Vital amalgamated with the City of Winnipeg and was then adapted as a centre for the City Health Department and an ambulance station.

    The fire hall achieved its status as a designated heritage building in 1982.

    The St. Vital Museum was officially opened on May 24th, 2008.

    The museum displays many artifacts related to the history of St. Vital dating from the first settlement in 1820. Special exhibits in the museum include archives dating back to the early 1800's, the original 1939 Fargo Pumper truck used by the St. Vital Fire Brigade and a copy of the handwritten diary by Victor Mager who was at Fort Garry in 1870 when Thomas Scott was executed under the orders of Louis Riel.

    The museum's goal is to tell the stories and present a pictorial history of such pioneers as Abraham Guay, Victor Mager, Joseph and Marie St. Germain, Fredrick Hulton, William and Mary Ann McDowell, Peter Tod and St. Vital's most famous son, Louis Riel.

    museum hours

    • The museum is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 until further notice.

      For general inquiries, please call (204) 255-2864 or email us at info@.

    • TOURS

      The museum is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 until further notice.

    how to find us:

    We are located in Winnipeg, Manitoba at 600 St. Mary's Road, just south of the junction with St. Anne's Road. The entrance to the museum is located in the rear of the building.

    By Car:
    Parking is free in the lot directly behind the museum.

    By bus from downtown:
    Winnipeg Transit routes: 14-St. Mary's, 54-St. Mary's Express, 55-St. Anne's.

    Visit the Winnipeg Transit website for schedules and fares.

    connect with us

         


    ช่วง เวลา เล่น สล็อต xo| วิเคราะห์บอล ทีเด็ดราคาบอล| วิเคราะห์บอลไอร์แลนด์ ดิวิชั่น 1 วันนี้| ติด พนัน ออนไลน์ pantip 2562| free slots machines with free spins| วิเคราะห์ บอล อุรุ ก วัย วันนี้| สล็อตฟรีเครดิต 2021| วิเคราะห์บอลนอร์เวย์ดิวิชั่น 1| ฝาก10รับ100| สล็อต เครดิตฟรี ไม่ต้องฝากก่อน ไม่ต้องแชร์ ยืนยันเบอร์โทรศัพท์ล่าสุด2564| วิเคราะห์บอลวันนี้ ตารางคะแนน| poipet casino ฟรีเครดิต| แอพจับสลากฟุตบอล| วิเคราะห์ บอล วัน นี้ ทุก คู่ สูง ต่ํา| สล็อต เบ ท 1 บาท ทุกค่าย| วิเคราะห์ บอล ประจวบ กับ เมืองทอง| แจก ยูสเซอร์ พร้อม เครดิตฟรี ไม่ต้องฝาก| วิเคราะห์บอลฝรั่งเศส2| เครดิตฟรีถอนได้ ไม่ต้องฝาก|